Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pickles



My neighbors gave me some cucumbers so tonight I made bread and butter refrigerator pickles! They have to set at least 24 hours then....they'll start disappearing! Mom wants to try to have us make some chow-chow soon also, but I don't know if I'm that energetic. But I love chow-chow on hot dogs...so maybe I'll be making it (with Mom's help) in a few days!


The pickles are in a Sun Tea jar that my neighbors gave me (the same neighbors that gave me the cucumbers)! It's not the best photo in the world but you get the picture- right?! (Gosh, I need to clean out my refrigerator!)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there and learn how to make chow chow with your mom. Seriously that would be an experience I would not miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread and butter pickles, sounds good. If you need more cucumbers or some tomatoes let me know I will bring you some. We have lots and lots of large size grape tomatoes. Good luck with the chow chow.

    ReplyDelete